Asbestos Awareness Training (BOHS)
North Devon Campus
This course is designed as a BOHS approved course providing basic knowledge and understanding of the risks from Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMS) in buildings and how these can be minimised.
There are flexible start dates available.
Topics covered within the course include;
- To increase awareness of asbestos in the workplace and its effects to health, including risks (such as lung cancer)
- Be familiar with types, uses and likely occurrences of asbestos in the workplace (identify items in the home/workplace)
- How to use appropriate workplace precautions, including the risk assessment process, or to seek advice on workplace precautions, in respect to the risk of asbestos
- Have an awareness of legislation to health and safety relating to asbestos
- Procedures to be followed when coming into unintentional contact with ACMs and an understanding of the appropriate emergency contacts
- The use of suitable personal protective equipment.
There is a theory based assessment at the end of the training.
Instruction will take place at our North Devon Campus, in our well-equipped classroom and workshop learning environments.
There are various eateries on the College premises which are open during term time.
For any further queries please contact our admin office on 01271 338058.
Q: Is there parking onsite?
A: Yes, parking is chargeable at £1.20 per day and is a pay and display system.